Saturday, July 5, 2008

Arsonists have same din as child molesters - psak of HaRav Moshe Sternbuch, shlita

In an earlier post I had written:

Chillul HaShem of Renegade Kanoim

The problem of renegade kanoim - is a growing plague in the chareidi world. These are lawless animals who are endangering the life and limb of others - in their self proclaimed campaign of terror - to rid the world of all they find offensive. Their actions are not in accord with the Torah - and they are a major chillul HaShem.

===================
I was told that some people mistakenly assumed that these were the words of Rav Moshe Sternbuch. They were my words not his. [In general, the views expressed on this blog are mine - unless I say otherwise.] However when I showed these words to him - he agreed with what I had said.

I also asked him this Shabbos about calling the police against these arsonists. He replied that they have the same status regarding calling the police as what he had said regarding child molesters. He told me that I could publicize this in his name.

Regardng child molesters he had said:

Bottom line: If a child is in danger of being molested - the police need to be called. If there is any uncertainty - either regarding the facts or the seriousness of the incident - an experienced rabbi or professional should be consulted. However if it is clear that children are in danger of being molested - a rabbi does not have to be consulted. Rav Sternbuch concluded, "Let the molester rot in jail."

No comments :

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.